Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spicin' it up







I bought this tunic the other day at Charlotte Russe for like $3.00 (they were having a HUGE sale) and I couldn't pass up a good deal on a basic shirt! But when I brought it home and tried it on, I thought that it was a little bland and could use some spicing up :)

So I remembered some fabric flower pins I had seen somewhere online and decided to make one to go on my shirt!

I got some tulle, a blue sheer fabric and another basic grey fabric and cut them into several different roundish sizes. I then singed all the edges (Ben would have loved helping me on that one! playing w/ fire is one of his favorites!) and sewed it together. I topped it off w/ a pearl button in the center.

It looks a lot more shiny in the pictures than it does in person b/c of the flash on the camera, but it actually blends in w/ the shirt really well! Ben was even impressed!


I am having to keep myself extra busy w/ crafting projects right now because Ben is super busy w/ training now and well, I am super not busy...
He wishes he had less of a load and I wish I had more...oh God's lessons through life.

But school will start soon for me- August 25th and I am excited to get my little thinking cap back on again :)

In a day or two I'll post a yummy salsa recipe I just made and one on what vegetables I am hiding in our food these days :)


3 comments:

Ben and Amy said...

So cute Ash! I just read this yesterday and you just reminded me of it. She puts flowers on her shirt too :)

http://www.modobjectathome.com/2009/07/flower-on-my-shoulder.html

The Carters said...

oooh i like the ones she makes! i might get into another little hobby :)

Rhonda said...

Ash! I just love the blue flashy flower on your bland dress! I'm soooo proud of my very creative daughter!!