Tuesday, July 21, 2009

a first

Well, as I wrote earlier, Ben and I spent our 1st anniversary in mobile, al... we stayed at a really downtown and were basically able to walk everywhere!

here is a picture of us using our GPS in pedestrian mode (yes, you can do that!) we probably looked kind of silly doing it, but hey, why not.






We went to the mobile botanical gardens...here I am w/ a huge hydrangea bush!




getting all dressed up for our anniversary dinner :)
we went to this place called NoJa...it was ecclectic, exotic and yummy
I thought I saw George Lucas there, but I am pretty sure it was just an older man who looked
like he should be famous.

we also went to a great coffee shop, where there was a great quintet(?...or whatever you call 5 guys singing) we heard them singing acopela songs about the Lord and decided to stick around for their show... It was really encouraging to hear them sing such beautiful songs about the Lord and they also shared their testimonies--an anniversary gift from the Lord!


Here's me with my pretty new pearl earrings from Ben!



And Ben w/ his gift, some new sperrys! :)



It was a very memorable weekend, maybe not as relaxing as we were hoping, but we both had a pretty easy day on Monday and were able to catch up on some much needed rest then.

Ben is now off to the books, he starts his next round of simulators this week-- they are always very challenging-- and I am happily sewing away :)




No comments: