Tuesday, March 10, 2009

All Mine :)

So as many of you may already know, B finished his first stint of training here in Pensacola. After being "drowned proofed" as they call it, being drug thru the dirt, and enduring countless hours of studying- he is graduated!!







So what does life look like right now? What comes next?







Well, for right now, we wait. And that means that I get B all to myself for the next few weeks, and maybe even months!





We are loving this time in life where he has no obligations when training is not going on. And with the way they train here, he definitely deserves his time off when the opportunity arises.





So, I am readjusting to having my best friend at home with me all the time, and he is adjusting to not having to study all day and night (I think he'll get over it).





I think normally there is not usually such a wait in between training, but they are a little backed up right now so we may have to wait a little longer for his next training to start-- we're definitely not complaining!





Right now we are involved in a study on the Pursuit of Holiness with our small group in church. It has been a really great study so far and has really opened our eyes to the importance of viewing our God as holy, and our responsibility and calling to live as holy.





I am also studying a book by Kay Arthur with a few girls from church--it has been really great to have some women my age to open up to here in P'cola.





B and I are also learning to budget our money better so that we may save more and also give more generously to people. I have been making homeade bread, granola bars, whipped cream, pita bread, and a few other homeade things to see how those will offset some of our regular grocery costs. (yes whipped cream is a part of our regular diet, and I know its not the most nutritious of our foods, but hey, its my one food vice, ok?)





As I find more budget friendly nutritious recipes, I will post them!








OH and probably the best thing in the world happened to the West side of Pensacola (where we live). We live in the woods over here. We are definitely close to the base, but all we have near us is a Super Walmart. And though, I have never been a big walmart shopper, it has now become our all in all (in the shopping sense). Groceries, paint, electrics, garden, school supplies, you name it- we get it all at Walmart. If we need to go just about anywhere else, it takes us around 30-45 minutes to get there.





But since we have lived here, we have been constantly teased by the buidling up of a Target, right across the street from Walmart! Praise Jesus!! But it has taken FOREVER to open. In November, it looked like it would be open in just a few weeks. But everytime we went by it we were so disappointed to see that it was not open yet. Well, we finally got word a few weeks ago that it would be opening in March! The day after it opened we graced its doors and spent at least an hour perusing all the aisles, looking at clothes, household items, furniture, and even groceries. Oh, AND it has a starbucks inside- seriously, Praise Jesus!





I know you are thinking this is no big deal, but really, when all you have is Walmart and the nearest off base starbucks is 45 minutes away, this is something to get excited about! Needless to say, we had a party in Target all weekend long, celebrating its long awaited arrival and getting some good deals on their opening weekend!

6 comments:

Amanda and Andrew LeJeune said...

I am so excited that you and Ben get to have a blessing of time alone together for a while! I wish Andrew and I could do the same! I can't wait till graduation and then he won't have to study at night. And as a lover of Starbucks too I'm happy for the new found delight!

Kyndall said...

:) Good Ashley. I am also excited for you and all these "Praise Jesus" happenings :)

Kelly Owen said...

Congratulations, Ben! That's a huge accomplishment.

I'm so so happy for y'all that you get time together, just to be. I know y'all will savor every minute of it. What a blessing!

Laura said...

I wish you could see the jealousy on my face right now! I want to be at home with my husband! How fun! I know you two are soaking it up.

Tell Ben I'm glad he is drown proof. And congrats ;)

And there is NOTHING better that Target opening by your house! (I'm so spoiled...we have 3 all within 5 minutes of us!)

Carl Crew said...

Ben. You are smoked.

Holly said...

That is WONDERFUL!!