Friday, May 1, 2009

You'll never believe what we did last night

...well, maybe you'd believe that Ben would do it...but not me. it probably could have been on the top ten things ashley will never do list. but I did it.

I took Ben to see the midnight, opening showing of Wolverine.


And right now at 12 pm the next day, i am still feeling it.

Ben has been talking about this movie since the previews came out and has been counting down the days til he gets to go see it....the only problem is, his wife is not so into those movies. So he was pretty much planning to eventually go see the movie by himself--and its always sad when someone has to go to a movie by themselves.

So last night I popped the question, hey do you want to go see the midnight showing of Wolverine?

He was completely blindsided and soooooo excited.

So we headed out at 11 pm, coffee thermos in hand (to keep the noddings off)

I dont think I have ever had an "I feel old moment" before that night.

One, I was already tired when we got there, and two, it was us and all the local high school students crowded into the movie theatre.

But we did feel like we were a pretty crazy little married couple, going out at 11 pm on a weeknight and not returning til after 2am.

Yep, pretty crazy.

But I think we'd both say that it was definitely worth it. Ben, loved the movie and loved experiencing it with me on opening night, and I was thrilled just by his excitement to be there w/ me :)

I've found the way to melt his heart..hhaha


Well thats all, we are still recovering a bit...its already noon and Ben is still in bed and I'm just starting to wake up out of my fog.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

oh my gosh! i went to the midnight showing with some pine cove friends too - and i felt DEAD the next day.

we got home at 3:30 AM.

seriously, when's the last time I did that?

even in college I went to bed at 10:30. you know! you worked at a coffee shop too!!


:) so glad. i like this post.