Saturday, May 2, 2009

the sideways wardrobe is complete!

Ben and I have had a love hate relationship with this piece of furniture almost since the beginning. It has been no easy job to finish up this massive project, that used to just be an old door---but we finally finished it! and really, most of the credit goes to Ben. I mean I helped with the painting and decor, but all in all it was all his hard work!

Can you believe how amazing it looks?! Seriously, pottery barn will be jealous when they see this.

And the best part about it is that we got to get rid of the refrigerator cart that our tv was sitting on, and now it looks like we have a big kid apartment!

this is ben opening the cabinet, where we keep our dvd supplies. see how functional he made it!





ben is hiding behind the reeds-- thats his favorite part of the "decor"


the finished product!


my favorite carpenter. (besides Jesus)




and here's a picture of the second purse I made. I named it the Linden bag, after my pretty sister in love. :)

its on sale at ashleynicolecarter.etsy.com

check it out :)

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love it, it is a treasured piece of furniture. The purse it so cute I have a pair of pants that matches that pattern almost perfectly!

Candace and Justin said...

love it! Awesome!

Kyndall said...

Very good Ben!!! It looks great! And Ash, I love that mirror that you can see in a reflection in one of the pictures! Your little home is coming together so nicely :)

Unknown said...

Oh Ashley, I love it! I wish I could be there to see it in person and enjoy Lost from a new point of view - ha ha! I love what you have done with that part of your apartment. You're just so artsy and talented :-)