Friday, May 15, 2009

So this is what we are doing

Not a whole lot to write about here....but I figured I would give you bloggers a little week in review.

Today is Friday so that is something to get excited about!

It means that Ben's first week of Primary training is successfully over. He has worked really hard, 8-5 days, has studied for and passed a test, has sorted through ridiculous amounts of paperwork (that is the military's favorite handout) and has checked off countless to-do's!

He has three more weeks of "ground school" aka tests and will then move on to flying!

A big part of our week is going to bible study and youth group...we had a debate in youth this week, where the kids debated the topic "should Christians kiss before marriage". They had to back up all their arguments with scripture and really did a great job. It made for quite an interesting topic really, and afterwards Ben and I got to share why we waited until our wedding day to kiss (which was based on a desire the Lord had put in both our hearts before we even met).

of course there were kids who said, "well, what if the only way I can get the girl that I am supposed to marry to like me, is to kiss her?! then for the glory of the Lord I'd have to!"

love those middle schoolers.

Its fun though to get to share our experiences, failures and triumphs with these kids in hopes that the Lord may choose to open some of their eyes to the truth of His Word, to the reality of His Holiness and to the call we have to live for His glory.


So that was Wednesday for you, most of what I have been doing this week has involved organizing our little apartment, and making several handbags. I have been keeping pretty busy with my etsy business where I sell wall decor and handbags. Even with that being pretty steady, I am hoping to start looking for a part time job soon, so you can definitely be praying for the Lord's hand over my searching. I don't just want to commit to something because I feel desperate for a way to kill time...I want it to be from the Lord.


Tonight we are going to say farewell to another good friend we have met here. He is moving to Indiana to be a weather officer!

Other than that, we are hoping for a relaxing weekend and some QT together :)

Miss you all!


1 comment:

Holly said...

Middle schoolers ARE hilarious... love that comment :)

This has nothing to do with your post but I thought you should know I've been eyeing the Urban Bird Wall Decor (the tan one) from your site. I keep looking around my room wondering where it would look good. Just sayin.' I like it!

And thanks for your comments on my blog! :)