Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dad and Mom were here





We miss them!






Mom and Dad came to visit for the weekend. It was so fun to have them here! It felt so normal. I am not going to pretend that I didn't cry yesterday when I dropped them off in the airport. Of course, that was after Mom had left her wallet downstairs at the checkin counter, and had to go racing back through the airport as they were about to board. For the weekend, I felt like they just fit right in here, in our little home in Pensacola.
It was just so fun to show them what our lives look like here.
B is actually finishing up his last two days of training this week, so the entire weekend was very relaxing and he didn't have to worry about work or studying while they were here.

We took them to the beach in Destin one day- it was beautiful, but way too cold to get in the water. A cold front actually came in while they were here so we were bundling up for the last couple of days during their trip.






look at those lovebirds...i caught them being sweet to each other :)




the fam minus austin :(



my Dad had a glowing orange shirt to make sure we didn't lose him!



This is a picture of the curtains I made...they are a little different, but I think we have decided that we like them :)

We bought a fun chair to match that ties it all in.


On another note, yesterday I hit B in the face. Right under his eye! It was an accident ( I was not trying to be abusive) but we actually thought for a while that his sinus might have been broken, it was sticking out pretty badly.
We watched superman though and iced it well and I think that cured him. Wouldn't that have been terrible if I had given him a broken face?!


4 comments:

Kelly Owen said...

I laughed reading that post. The thought of Ben's sinuses sticking out doesn't sound fun, but it's kinda funny.

Glad you had a great time with the parentals, too!

Kyndall said...

The curtains look really great. Not what I was expecting. I like the green "panal" curtain thing. It's different.

Also...that is funny about Ben :)

Tobin and Erin said...

The curtains look great, Ashley. Not weird at all! I think they have some flair.

Glad you didn't break Ben's face!

The Carters said...

haha thanks guys! i am glad you like them...its good to have some affirmation :)

ben has a black eye today, but all is well- he loves me anyway :)