Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Sideways Wardrobe

Its finally here!!

Ben and I have been working on a dream of ours for almost three months...well actually it has been sitting dormant for the better part of three months, but the good news is we are finally finished!

In August, during our first week in Pensacola, my mom and I discovered a nearby flea market and decided to bring home some little goodies for our new apartment.

Mind you at that time we only had a laptop, two lawn chairs and an air matress in our apartment. So of course, we came home with the two most practical items in the store: a lamp without a shade and an old door.

Ben was so confused. I mean the lamp was ok, that was acceptable, but a door? what are we going to do with a door?

and I said, I don't know, its pretty! I am going to decorate with it.

Well, Ben just couldn't wrap his head around this and had to make something useful out of it. So the door sat, leaning against our wall for 5 months, while thoughts brewed in his mind about how he could get some use out of this thing.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking-- should I paint it green? or red? ooo or maybe navy blue!

5 months later my genius and very creative husband worked out a fantastic and extremely useful plan for our door!


And it turned out wonderfully and is FINALLY sitting in our living room, ready and waiting to be painted!

I can't wait to show you all! I am so proud of him!!

Pictures to come soon!


2 comments:

Laura said...

you're such a tease! i want pictures!

Kyndall said...

You are such a tease. So i read the first sentence and knew what this entry was about so I didn't read it and instead I scrolled down to see a picture and lo and behold...you are holding out on us!!! I want pictures too!

:) love you.