Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One Year*edited edition*

A few days ago on January 10th, B and I celebrated our one year of dating anniversary! Of course, we never made it to one year of dating and had to go off and get married before that could happen, but we figured we should celebrate it anyway!

On Jan 10th of last year I was having lunch with two of my friends, Kyndall and Amanda in College Station, when they handed me a letter. It was from B, asking me to follow him in a relationship that he felt the Lord was leading us into. He told me to meet him at the critical care cafe on A&M's west campus (where we had first had lunch together several months back) if I chose to follow him. And as the Lord would have it, my attraction toward him was the same and I gladly met him that evening for our first date. *I would have never made it however without the help of my faithful friend Laura.  She drove me all the way up to campus in her white Ford focus and helped calm the nerves that were forming in my tummy.  If it hadn't have been for Laura, I might not have made it that night.  Indeed, she is the hero of this story.* He took me to cafe capri for dinner and we drank casi cielo coffee from starbuck's afterwards with Kyndall at the Northgate Starbucks.

So one year later, married and in Pensacola w/ the military, sweet B took me to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in downtown Pensacola, the Global Grill and then out to coffee for some casi cielo blend :) mmm mmm. soo good.

What a sweet husband and what a fun anniversary. We'll take any excuse we get to celebrate :)

6 comments:

Laura said...

um, you forgot your driver that night!!!

the focus and i feel left out of the bashley (your celebrity name) love story. :)

just kidding. LOVE YOU!

Kyndall said...

"bashley love story" ...that's a good one Laura.

Oh Yay Ashley :)

Rebekah said...

who would have thought that something so beautiful could have started at the critical care cafe?

Ben and Amy said...

(my) Ben and I will also take any chance we get to celebrate! We were discussing this once and he called it a good "morale booster" for our marriage! So fun!

Holly said...

Aw, I love your love story. :)

Laura said...

hahaha. yay! i'm glad that i was SOOOO influencial in your relationship. ;)

love you!