Friday, January 16, 2009

A Military Day

 I get to go up to base this morning with B- yay! we are carpooling to work :)

He has work at 10 and I have a meeting at 10 on base w/ some other spouses.  
B is in what is called a "stash" job, where they just put you in a random office for an unknown period of time to do random assortments of jobs.  He will be there until his training starts next Friday (a week from today, actually!)

I recently was given the opportunity to be the student spouse coordinator for all of the wives (or husbands too, I suppose) of students in training.  I will basically just try to maintain good contact with the wives in the program and plan a monthly event for us.  I am meeting with some awesome ladies today whose husbands have been in the military quite a bit longer than B and I to talk about new ideas for the new year.  B and I are both really excited about it- it seems like the Lord has really ordained it.  We have both always pictured me ministering to and fellowshipping with other wives in the military, but didn't really know how that would happen.  ( i hadn't met very many wives here until recently).

Anyway, so that is what I am going to do this morning... I only write about it because B and I are both really looking forward to how the Lord might want to use this as a ministry tool, and it was soo neat to see how the Lord really ordained me getting to do this.  I was not involved at all in that plan, and I love when that happens!  

2 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

Are you really??? That's so exciting! I'm glad to hear you'll be involved in planning things for the military wives; all of the military I know are up here going to Whiting; it will be so cool to get involved with the NAS wives, who understand our particular situation a little better. That's such good news, I'm happy for you!

It was great to have you two over last night; thanks for stopping by! Come by anytime.

Jenn said...

woo hoo!!! please keep us updated on how it is. I'm thankful.