Tuesday, October 13, 2009

fall, where are you?


For many of you, fall may have already shown its beautiful face, but in Pensacola...it is slowly peaking out.

Very, very slowly. Actually, I think we are still in denial that it is fall; most days it feels like a mild summer. But I am ready for it to be here, so I gave my blog a fall face-lift!

We are still in search for the perfect pumpkins to put outside our door...last year we got lost in Alabama and bought ours at this really neat farmers market, but the seeing as we were lost, I don't know if we will be able to find it again :(


We were also blessed to be in Colorado during early fall last year and got to watch leaves actually change colors! It was amazing!





See!?! look at the color!


As we look back on last year, this fall looks very different from the last...and although sometimes we wish we were back in Colorado or in Texas with family, I think we are finally really settled here, and it feels like home. We feel at home in our church. At home in our apartment. At home in our daily tasks, and at home in our lives together.

So although, the Florida weather confuses our seasons a bit, we love the fall, and love the fun & special memories God has gifted us w/ during the fall season, this year & in past years.


Lord, please send the fall weather to Pensacola soon. It would be so wonderful.

But in the meantime I will enjoy my pumpkin spice lattes, blog makeovers, and fake fall leaves.


3 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

Did you get pumpkins early last year? Ours rotted pretty much overnight...then again, they were carved too. If you're leaving yours whole, you might be able to buy them earlier.

And I know we still get toasty days, but the mornings are MUCH better now; I'm not roasting when I take the dogs for a morning walk anymore! In fact, it feels really good, with a slight breeze and a little less mugginess. I'm loving the mild fall, hopefully it holds out through the winter too! (being from the frigid north, I am LOVING the warm weather down here!)

Cute blog overhaul! It looks great.

The Carters said...

Hey Erin,

Yea, we left our pumpkins whole last year, so they lasted from like mid october to even after thanksgiving!

haha you are right...i should be glad its not blazing hot. we have totally different perspectives, you being from the north and me being from way south :) i just get excited for any excuse to wear my few sweaters...haha

Holly said...

Your blog looks cute! I love that picture of y'all with the leaves.

Great post!