Monday, October 26, 2009

I think I'll go to Boston...

Ben and I sing that song around the house a lot...

I am not really sure why, we do kind of weird things when its just the two of us, but I think part of the reason that we sing that particular song is that we both would love to visit Boston some day.

and on Friday, Ben actually got to GO to Boston!

He got in from his flight on Thursday evening, and after the debrief was informed that he was going on a crosscountry to Boston, MA for the weekend.

Although it wasn't under the lax, vacation circumstances you would normally hope for, it was kind of cool to think that his job can take him there so easily!

But don't be too fooled by the mirage of coolness, because unfortunately this aviator had to study and flight plan the whole time he was there...bummer.

I wish I could have been a stowaway in the luggage. Maybe someday...

So it was just me and myself and I this weekend.

Thankfully, the other student that Ben flew with has a wife that he had to leave behind too, so Erin & I got to hang out with each other most of Saturday afternoon & even got to go to a free Lonestar concert. Good thing they are the only country band that I like.


I also took my pre-Nursing entrance exam this weekend & by God's EXTREME grace scored really well! (I wasn't exactly the most disciplined about studying for this one)


All in all, it was a good weekend--even though I missed Ben terribly. I didn't realize how lonely & boring it gets without my best friend at home. I am glad he is back :)

1 comment:

Tobin and Erin said...

:) Thanks for spending Sat evening with me! I am very glad to have Tobin back too. Even though he's currently sitting at the table studying, haha.