Thursday, August 27, 2009

So much to say!

I haven't blogged in over a week because I have been quite the busy lady.

Ben and I had a great weekend trip to Orlando, which I will post pictures of later! We visited Magic Kingdom & part of Epcot. I had our whole day mapped out at Magic Kingdom and we were so on top of all the rides & getting to the park early that we got done w/ everything we wanted to do there by 3pm! So we decided to head over to Epcot, which was really fun, some of our favorite rides were there!

On our way back from the park we were trying to finagle a way to get back to Orlando before the year ends to see the rest of Disney! So all in all it was a great, fun filled trip that we were very fortunate to be able to take. Ben actually got stuck down in Orlando for a few days following, because the weather was pretty bad for flying. I drove back to Pensacola on Monday, Aug 17th (which happens to be my birthday) and had to get packed & ready to fly to San Antonio the next day!

Two of our sweet friends here in Pensacola, we call them our "couple friends", knew that Ben wasn't in town & had me over for birthday cake & coffee that night--- what a blessing! It was so much fun to be w/ them on my birthday, since Ben couldn't be here.

Then early Tuesday morning I flew out of Pensacola to visit SA for the week! One of my best friends growing up, Jacki Gonzalez (now Morris) was getting married the following weekend so I flew in a little early to spend some time w/ my mom, dad & brother. Its a rare occcassion when we all get to be together!

It was such a blessing to be w/ my family & friends that week, although we all wished for Ben to be there too! And Jacki's wedding was beautiful!! She married an Air Force guy so who knows, we could be stationed w/ each other in the future!

I got back from San Antonio on Monday afternoon & Ben was able to pick me up at the airport...I think it was the longest we have been away from each other so far, so we were reallly excited to see each other again!

We had just enough time to relax that afternoon/evening before he went back to work on Tuesday, and I started my first day of classes!!

I am officially starting my quest toward being a Nurse!! Classes are going well so far--I think I appreciate them more now, having had a year off of school..

Well thats all for now, I am also recovering from a cold spell...but all the "sick" type feelings are subsiding now and I am starting to feel more like myself, although still a little congested.

No comments: