Friday, March 25, 2011

Saturday Snapshot


I love this shot for so many reasons.  One, it is a picture of my favorite piece of furniture we own, which also happens to be the only piece we have built ourselves top to bottom.  I'll never forget the day I walked into our bare naked apartment (literally, we didn't even have a kitchen table or chairs to sit in) to proudly show my husband my flea market find.  "Look, honey! I bought a door!"  He stared back at me incredulously, and said "A door? really? we already have 4 perfectly good doors!"

From that moment on he was bound & determined to make my decorative door into something practical.  That's where we differ complement each other in home improvement.  He's all about the practical and I'm all about the decor!
He turned my old door into something new, and into something filled with memories that I treasure fondly.

I also love this shot because it shows off our newest thrift store find

 :: antique spools ::

Words cannot describe how perfectly they go with this piece, so a picture will have to do the job instead.


Happy Saturday, friends! I'm linking this shot up to 
Yellow Songbird's Saturday Snapshot & Tatertots & Jello's weekend wrap-up.


10% off your order at My Little Sunshine Fabric all weekend long with the code: DEWY10

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny! My husband is the same way. I love how it turned out!
I'm a bit obsessed with vintage spools. I could've kicked myself when I walked by some the other week.

stephanie said...

hey! coming to you from yellow songbird! i lurve antique spools and what a great piece of furniture! i can't believe you built it!!!

Kimberley said...

What a neat piece! Thanks for sharing! Also now following your from Yellow Songbird, have a great day!

Annie @ Wattlebird said...

This is SO cute. How original and neat!

Kim said...

so pretty. i want a gigantic wooden spool (like the ones you see on construction sites) as a sewing table. I'd wrap fabric around the skinny part & it would be perfection ;)

thanks for linking up ashley!

Anonymous said...

this is soo cool!!

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

love this idea! and a beautiful shot of it :)

Jami said...

That is sooo cute and creative, I love it! We have an old door that was made into a china hutch, it's one of my favorite things!