Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Brain Firings...




Isn't he precious?

This is B on his 3rd birthday. His mom, Mama Carter, sent him the cutest card that exploded confetti when we opened it, and had this sweet picture of him on it :)


I just had to post it! Its way too cute!! What a creative idea!


Ok, side note, for some reason as I am writing, everything is being underlined and hyperlinked- to what I have no clue- but anyway, I don't know how to make it go away.


We started our first small group with our church this week! We keep wanting to call it a HOPE group, but they are really CONNECT groups- same concept, just a different name. I guess any small group we are in will always be a HOPE group to us :)

It was great though, our pastor and his wife are leading the one that we are attending and we are studying a book called "The Pursuit of Holiness" by Jerry Bridges. I think it is going to be really good. I am already really excited about it- and its such an important topic of study- God's holiness and how we are commanded to be holy as He is holy. As important and obvious as a commandment that it is, I feel that at least in my walk, it is something very rarely pondered. What is holiness? What makes God holy? How are we to walk in that, or strive toward that?

Anyway, I am excited. I am sure I will have much more to share as we get into it.

We have also been approached w/ some ways we might be able to serve and minister within the church. We are going to start praying over those soon to see where the Lord may want to use us. We don't know what it will look like yet, but we are excited that the opportunity has already been placed before us!

I am going to try my hand at some curtains now-- we'll see how they turn out :)




2 comments:

Kari said...

Pursuit of Holiness is a great book! You'll love it...Can't wait to hear what all God teaches you through it.

Tobin and Erin said...

That's so fantastic! I'm glad you two found your niche in a church. I know you will have a wonderful impact within the congregation.

Side note, is it hard for Ben to find time to serve in the church with all of the studying?

And arg, how are you so good with artsy stuff??? I desperately want to put up curtains (cheaply) in our home, at least in the bedroom, instead of the blinds (not a fan of blinds!). If you have some luck with the curtains, let me know how you did it! I may just have to invest in a sewing machine.

Have fun this weekend! I know we are planning on it, with the long weekend; Tobin's parents are coming down too. :) Talk to you soon!