Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh, how I love thee...

...let me count the ways.
-

For B's birthday, I felt like the biggest way I could show him how much I love him was to take him to his favorite restaurant for dinner.

Now you may be thinking, really? that doesn't seem like that big of a deal- and probably for most people, it wouldn't be. But I'm kind of a picky eater- a really picky eater.

AND B's favorite restaurant is Whataburger. He likes the #1 with bacon, cheese and jalapenos. But poor thing, he just happens to be married to a crazy little lady like me, who has a phobia against fast food joints. Especially Whataburger- they just don't seem to have any semi-healthy options so I can never find anything to eat there, as tempting as an apple fritter might be. So, we never eat there and he hasn't had his favorite burger in a long time.

For his birthday, I decided we would get moderately dressed up and I would blind-fold him and drive him to dine at Whataburger, for a really classy b-day meal ;)




I got him in the car and covered his eyes with my old soccer socks



he kept putting his head right up in my face while I was driving, he found it very entertaining.


he had no clue where we were going---and was so surprised when he opened his eyes!


oh, whataburger!



afterwards, we came home for dirt cake- oreos and gummy worms in pudding.... he's such a little kid at heart :)

5 comments:

Christen said...

hey ashley, I got a new blog! By the way, I am really impressed by your birthday planning! way to go!

About Us - Nathan & Gina said...

sounds like a rockin' good birthday to me!:) miss you!

-Erin said...

Hi Ashley! I don't know if you remember me but I met you at Ben's commissioning. My husband is Ryan Hutton and we are stationed just down the road from you at Tyndall. I stumbled onto your blog a while back and I've been reading some of your recent entries! Its so interesting to read your blog because it is very similar to my situation. Ryan just started his training two days ago after being on his casual status job since ASBC (which I think was the same one Ben went to). We too just found a church that we really enjoy and a small group to be apart of. Oh, and this whole week, all Ryan and I have been talking about is how much we miss Whataburger and that we may just have to make a trip to Pensacola to get a burger! So when I saw your blog about taking Ben to Whataburger I laughed out loud because Ryan and I completely understand what it's like to miss it! Hope all is well!

-Erin Hutton

Jenn said...

ashley! thats hilarious!

way to go!!

Tobin and Erin said...

Aw, happy belated birthday, Ben! That was a great surprise, Ashley. So sweet!

See you all soon...just got news that T passed his weather test, yay! Hope the 3rd week of API is treating you well. Hang in there, the fun part's coming soon.