Monday, February 2, 2009

Ladies & Gentlemen...


My first sewing project is complete! Ta-da!



fabric by amy butler and pattern by simplicity
photography by b :)


it has pockets!




a close-up of the waste band


other than a few minor mess ups that hopefully only i can see, its pretty wearable! the skirt had its first debut on Sunday at church-- i like the yellow a lot and think it might be one of my new favorite colors.
its fun to wear something that you've made- i am going to keep working on the same pattern to see if i can do it all by myself and then who knows maybe i'll upgrade to a dress or tunic :)


have a happy day!

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

i am super jealous of that awesome skirt. Amy Butler is my favorite fabric designer by far. I wish I could sew with you!

Heather said...

shutup, that cannot be your first sewing project! how stinking CUTE! :)

this is heather pitts, by the way. long time no talk/see. :)

Ashley said...

haha ( I had some help from a pro)

Kyndall said...

Ash, that is super cute :) Very good you little seamstress you.

how much you want for it? ;)

Kyndall said...

...and yellow is such a versatile color. beautiful.

Ashley said...

hey so i remember a time that i claimed that i did not like hummus... i would like to retract that statement, b/c now i live in granola Seattle and eat it once a day... forgive my previous statement, for i was not cultured in the tastiness of hummus... it is so yummy.

hope florida is nice and sunny!
<3 "John"

Kelly Owen said...

Wow, such an adorable skirt! I tried to sew a skirt once, but I never wore it in public. It was that bad. So needless to say, I'm super impressed!

Kari said...

how fun. You are so good! I just found your blog on facebook and I'm so glad I did. its fun to "catch up" with you (even if only over the internet)!