Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Snapshot



Hey friends, I am linking up to Yellow Songbird's Saturday Snapshot for the second week straight.

I choose this little snapshot, not because it was a great, artistic photo, but because of what it reminds me of.

When I look at this picture, I see God's faithfulness over our lives and marriage.  This was taken the day my husband graduated from his tech school after two and a half long, and hard years of being led (blindly, sometimes) into situations and to places we could have never imagined.  This is a reminder to me of God's faithfulness- that He never leaves or forsakes us & that His plan for our lives is Sovereign and Good.  Over the past two years we have had our fair share of mistakes & failures, trusting in ourselves and our plans more than God, but this picture reminds me how good it is to trust the Lord.  

For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
   the LORD bestows favor and honor.
 No good thing does he withhold
   from those who walk uprightly.
O LORD of hosts,
    blessed is the one who trusts in you!
Ps. 84:11-12

5 comments:

stephanie said...

lovely photo and i love that scripture!!!

Leonora said...

whaaaat hubs is in the military?! So is the Bubs! He's in the airforce, what branch is your lovely fella in?

Thank him for me for serving our country <3 also I thank YOU for all your strength that comes from being a military wife.

<3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

Leonora! So awesome! Seems like we were made to be friends :) My hubs is in the air force as well!!

urbancurtsy said...

I don't know what it's like to have a military hubby, but I give kuddos to you for having the strength to lend him out when our country needs him, I love your sidebar, domestic but not martha. Pics don't always have to be super artistic to tell an important story. Thanks for sharing yours!

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

love the photo and scripture :) happy saturday!