Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Moving On

credit


We have about a month left in San Angelo before we head out to Missouri.

After 3 moves & 4 states in less than 3 years, it only stands to reason that we are getting used to a transient lifestyle.  It's definitely a bittersweet thing.

We have found it difficult in the past 2 1/2 years to have the deep, rooted friendships that we long for & yet,  in looking back at God's sweet timing He always provides them.  The difficulty then is in leaving those friends (at least in the physical sense) and equipping ourselves to go out & do it again.  It can be exhausting & discouraging at times--but always rewarding in the end.  We never look back on our time in a city and regret "putting ourselves out there" when it comes to friendships & fellowship, on the contrary often we even wish we had been more vulnerable.

As I look back on our time in San Angelo---I know there were many things we could have done better or differently, but I am thankful that we still have a month left here to be in the community where God has placed us for the time being.   We are beyond blessed.

I am excited for the new things to come, maybe even a little apprehensive.  It's always a little bit scary moving to a new place & starting the "cycle" again of meeting new people, getting plugged into a church & community, starting friendships, etc..

Pray for us when you think of it.  That we would finish out our time in San Angelo strong & be preparing our hearts for the things to come!

3 comments:

Hi, I'm Suz!! said...

I live in Missouri - - Missouri is good!! I live in a small town - Perryville - and it's about an hour south of St. Louis.

Welcome to the ShowMe state!! I hope you enjoy it!! I'm sure you will make tons of friends! I did when I transplanted!!

Hugs ~~ Suz

The Carters said...

Hi Suz! thanks for the hello & the welcome!! :) It's encouraging to hear!

Unknown said...

I will be praying for you, I really like your blog and your shop looks awesome as well! I just followed your blog and would love for you to check mine out too! ;)

www.ceddington.blogspot.com

Look forward to reading more!

Blessings!
cathy