Monday, August 9, 2010

sweet friend



To my great delight, Holly Southerland came to San Angelo for a visit last week!  She drove all the way from Waco, TX to spend a few days w/ the Carters & I thoroughly enjoyed it.   It was especially nice to have her here during the week, because that is the time that Ben is out working hard & I am still trying to figure out what to do with all my free hours in San Angelo.  So it was nice to have a buddy last week to just be with during the day & I had her all to myself which was nice for getting in lots of girl talk.  :)   All in all, we had a very restful week--I took her to the little area downtown that I like to shop around at, we looked at sewing books, crafted & I ended up teaching her some sewing basics.  Like most things that girl puts her hands to, I am sure she will master the sewing machine in no time!

Unfortunately we never took any pictures of the week, minus the time I tried and failed to use her super cool, technical camera, so I brought back a picture from her & me from my wedding. I am so thankful to have friends & family close by---its been soo good to catch up with close friends & family that I haven't seen in about 2 years, and I hope to do more of it!

---oh how I've missed you Holly!

1 comment:

Holly said...

You are so delightful and refreshing to be with. Thank you for host(ess)ing me!