Monday, August 23, 2010

feelin' the burn


I kind of feel a little lame admitting this....but, its true & there's no denying that I just purchased EA Active for the Wii.


I am a little ashamed to be doing video game workouts, but there are just some days when you really don't want to leave the house to go exercise---and especially being that we have had 100 degree + weather everyday for the past month. I think it is safe to say, this is one of those occasions where it is so much nicer to be working out INSIDE of the home instead.  Hallelujah for A.C.


It was a pretty good workout though, just 30 minutes long, but I got some good lunges, squats and even some in-line skating in (oh yes, you can in-line skate in the comfort of your own home.)   I don't think its an every day workout that would meet all your fitness needs, but doing it while alternating days with some more intense cardio, should suffice.  At least for someone with my fitness ambitions (I'm no marathon runner).    Oh and the little fitness trainer on the game makes you feel like a rock star.  She wins the award for most encouraging trainer--hands down.


However, I don't think I will be sporting my Wii EA active moves for Ben, or anyone else for that matter---sorry to disappoint...but it's possibly a little bit embarrassing to do in the company of others ;)   Seriously though, what interactive video game or workout dvd isn't?

No comments: