Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ben's 24th Birthday in Pictures

We had a great time celebrating Ben's birthday this year---and successfully stretched it out into a two day affair!

Festivities began with a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings, one of Ben's favorite restaurants. Its my love language to him to eat things with him on his birthday that I would normally never eat ;).

I even went all out and accidentally ordered something deep fried. In my defense, the menu said they were crispy tortillas, not deep fried and battered. But anyway, I digress.

The next day, on his actual birthday we did the following, in no particular order:





Ate food with friends from small group, who put together a little birthday bash for Ben,

Made Ben wear funny hats, and sang happy birthday to him to make him feel extra uncomfortable & awkward on his birthday,


Made his favorite dessert: dirt cake,



opened lots of sweet cards from friends & family,


opened presents from the wifey,


ate at least three different birthday cakes,






hung out with cute little first graders,
and received lots of beautiful cards & drawings from the little munchkins.


All in all I think it was just about as good as a 24th birthday could be. :)


2 comments:

Holly said...

"Festivities began with a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings, one of Ben's favorite restaurants. Its my love language to him to eat things with him on his birthday that I would normally never eat."

Ashley you are officially rockstar. I love you for this. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!

Tobin and Erin said...

Very fun! What a sacrifice, Ashley, eating deep fried food for Ben. I must say, I'm kind of on Ben's side when it comes to food. :) Don't worry, you'll live like 10 years longer than the rest of us!

Tobin is enjoying some days off here with the weather, holidays, and working SDO night shifts. He'll have 6 off in a row this week! :0

We need to see each other, being so not busy and all. I'll call you later about that. See ya!