Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Time!

Christmas time has always been a favorite time of year for me and Ben. It has become even more special in the past two years as we fuse the traditions from our own families and even make new traditions of our own! We have been sipping on hot cocoa and spiced tea, cutting down our own tree, decorating, making Christmas goodies, watching Christmas movies, wrapping Christmas gifts together, and celebrating the birth, death & resurrection of our Savior.

Here is a pic of our tree this year, we brought back the yarn ball theme from last year, and also cut down our own tree again this year! We love being able to do that---Especially Ben, because any man + a saw = happy camper

We are hoping to find cut your own tree farms in the places we live in the future so we can carry on this tradition.


Ben put the finishing touch on our tree---a fuzzy bronze, sparkly star!



We were so excited to get this new addition to our Christmas decor:
Granny & Paw-Paw (Ben's grandparents) gave us this nativity scene for Christmas last year. I love it!


And lastly, I had to put a picture of this Marbled Lemon Curd Cheesecake in the post. Ben is a huge fan of cheesecake, and has loved snacking on this little treat throughout the week! He says its one of the best cheesecakes he has ever had.
The only changes I made were that I used 1/3 fat cream cheese & Light sour cream, but trust me---You can't even tell.. Its super rich and creamy!





Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Girl this is funny... about your recipe that you added low fat stuff "and you can't even tell.."

you got me laughing out loud in the coffee shop.

I don't know, an old lady told me to never trust a skinny cook. But you seem to make some yummy sounding things...!!

Rhonda said...

Ashley & Ben! I love your fat tree!!! Your cheesecake I could have grabed off the screen look scrumptious.. and Granny and Paw Paw's nativity is beautiful. I so enjoy these pictures! Your home is a haven! Love it.

Kate said...

"It has become even more special in the past two years as we fuse the traditions from our own families and even make new traditions of our own!"

There's just no better time of year. And I know what you mean about fusing traditions and making new ones too. It always makes me feel really sad when I see children reaching a certain age and the magic just dies. But it never died for me, it just changed and adapted. I can honestly say I still get as excited about Christmas as I ever did when I was a child. Instead of just getting under my mum's feet while she's trying to get the cooking done, I'm actually helping out and between the two of us, we've been forming new traditions for years. We used to buy all our Christmas chocolates but one year, we decided to try our hand at making our own. And we've done that ever since. This year, we're having a go at making cookie mixes in jars. Not entirely sure how well that's going to turn out but I'm looking forward to trying it.

I love real trees too. We've never had one for our main tree though. (It sounds ridiculous but it would break my heart to throw it out after Christmas) I did have a small potted one sitting on my desk at work though, complete with lights and it's now happily planted in the garden. I can just see myself ending up with a whole garden full of Christmas trees that I couldn't bear to throw out.