Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekenders

This weekend was nice & relaxing, Ben and I took dinner to a guy in his squadron who is med-down & has no wifey-poo to take care of him...conveniently a few of his buddies were over at his house just in time to get in on some of the meal :)

Then, Ben got to go see Tranformers II w/ a friend from church, while his wife and I stayed home & watched Princess Protection Program on the Disney Channel! (yes we stayed in on a perfectly good Friday night to watch it, no shame)... and topped it off w/ some blueberry cobbler (from my 2 gallons of hand-picked blueberries)! It was fun, corny & relaxing all at the same time.

YAY for Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez & crazy morfing robot cars.

Right now, Ben has a friend from his squadron over & they are studying for their first big instruments test tomorrow...they are quizzing each other w/ a bunch of acronyms and knots and numbers that I don't even pretend to understand.

But, I have been able to be a good study buddy to Ben lately...sometimes I even quiz him. See, you probably don't know what a Spin is in airplane terms. But I do.
And I know what a 1/2 cuban eight is.

Yes, I know...I am impressive.

But, anyway, I am also being a good little study buddy by actually studying w/ him now! I am starting some preliminary courses for nursing in the fall & have a couple of entrance exams to take that I am able to study for now.

It feels good to be using my mind intellectually again...I love it. Didn't think I'd ever say that, but its true...I like studying.

I know, I am weird. But calculators & sharpening pencils just gets me excited!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ashley! You are a good study buddy and I am impressed! Ben you are soo smart and I'm soooooo proud of of my son in love!!! Go Ben!

Holly said...

loving sharpened pencils and calculators...

watching the princess show whilst eating cobbler made of blueberries from the antioxidant heaven...

using terms like spin, med-down, and cuban something or the other...

you win the 100% cute award, I'm sure Ben says so too!!

and I agree with Rhonda, GO BEN!! though he is obviously not my son in love. ;)