Wednesday, June 24, 2009

brother bear

Our time with Austin was really fun! I was so glad that he came to visit us for an extended weekend...miss that boy already. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures because, of course, my camera died the first time I took it out to take pictures, so here is a written synopsis...

He spoiled Ben with oreos, rootbeer, doritos & candy, went with us to the beach, to dinner & played games w/ us and our friends. We got to give him a tour of the base & he even got to see Ben's squadron and the hanger w/ some of the planes in it. He felt a little bit illegal being on base, but I reassured him that it would be ok :)

We had a fun time just relaxing, talking, and playing games & racquetball. Dad was so sweet to send him to us on Father's day weekend...we both missed being home with our dad this year!


After he left, I finally buckled down and decided to get my hair cut in Pensacola. Last time, I waited until we went home for Christmas to get my hair cut, but it was getting a little unruly and I really needed to get over my fear of going to a new place.

I just hate having to pick a new place & so many of them are soo expensive and my last experience w/ a Mastercuts left me in tears & at a different salon the next day, having my hair chopped off. But Ben really helped me and let me go wherever I wanted. I actually ended up finding a place that was really reasonable & the girl did a great job. YAY, so I guess I finally found my hair salon in Pensacola...one year later.

Sorry, no pics..its really not that exciting- just trimming & layering. But the girl did tell me that if I brought Ben in one day she would take me step by step through cutting his hair, so that I can learn how to barber his hair better. I have been cutting his hair for the past couple of months, but can't quite get the "fade" thing down and its never fun when your husband doesn't like the haircut that you gave him...so we are both excited about our upcoming tutorial! It will save us lots of money in the military by having me cut his hair...its like $12 every 2-3 weeks to cut his hair! Wooohooo!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Yay! I love the update. I've been checking daily. :) Glad you like your haircut!! That's important to a woman!!!

Kyndall said...

Well, I want to see pictures soon! It's funny you say that about the fade, Keith should give you some tips. Supposedly he is a pro at it.

I love you and miss you. Aren't you coming back soon?

:)

TheMAN said...

Sister!!!! :D

Tiffany said...

Good for you on playing the barber! I've done this since Jason and I got married, and no telling how much it has saved. He used to have a high and tight that made me nervous, so I talked him into just letting me shave the whole thing now. :)