Monday, August 15, 2011

A Fair is a Veritable Smorgasbord...

Charlotte's Web...Anybody?

No? Ok. Moving along.

Yesterday we braved the crazy heat & went to the fair with a group of our friends! I actually think it was my first STATE fair...quite a milestone for me. (wink*wink)
  
here's about half of our group...poor ben looks like the 5th wheel in this pic ;)

It's not a fair without a ferris wheel.

oh look, there's wilbur.  sorry, I'm still on my charlotte's web kick.  

the goats were just a wee bit cuter & cleaner than the piggies & they smelled like goat cheese.
and, ok this is a random one, but what is more random than selling spas at a fair?? yet, they are ALWAYS at any fair I've ever been to!  impulse buy? looks like this guy is about to get sucked in...

Clearly, we had a great time looking at soooo many different things that the fair brings together.  Pigs, goats, carnie rides, spas, RVs, arts & crafts...you name it, it's there.  Sadly, we did have to head out before the Jimmy John Sandwich eating contest & the pig races, but all in all it was a fun day spent with fun people :)


1 comment:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Looks like you had a great time. Too bad the LA County Fair isn't as fun. Too many hoodlums lol...yes I sound like a grandma!