Friday, July 8, 2011

Little Treasures

It's always a comfort, when getting settled into a new place, to find a nook or two that you enjoy about the new area, whether its a park, a shop, a bench or a cafe..there's just something sweet about finding a spot that you love & can relate to.

I finally feel like we have found one or two little treasures in the area that we look forward to & that remind us of comforts we have enjoyed in the past.  It's such a simple thing, but I can't explain how nice it is to find something you love when you are new in town.

One of my spots is this great little cafe that cooks with farm fresh & gourmet ingredient with a rich & eclectic style. Love it.

And the other, we found yesterday.  A cute little book store, full of old & new books for fantastic prices! Truth be told, it was a bit of a drive to get there, but I think it's safe to say we will be up for the drive ;)  We decided recently that we wanted to up our collection of old books...not just for decor purposes, but for their reading pleasure as well.  With all the e-readers & such out there now, books are becoming quite a treasure & we would like to start a collection of classic hardback books that one day our kids can enjoy.  



And here's our prize for the day:  The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan.
$5 what.a.steal.

Ben & I both read this when we were children, although I'm pretty sure it must have been an abridged version, so I am super excited that this is the real deal.  And not to mention the book cover is awesome. Our future kids are going to be so cool when they read this.


Happy Friday!  Our weekend was celebrated yesterday, so it's back to work for both of us today!  

Oh & by the way....I have a great little giveaway going on at Wild & Precious, the blog...$20 shop credit to the Handmade store!  Check it out here.

1 comment:

Holly said...

When I come visit next month, I want you to take me to your treasures :)