Wednesday, October 6, 2010

a new venture....

So.... some of you know this, and probably most of you don't. So here I am, spilling my desire & my new venture all at once. For about two years, or really ever since I started sewing and creating handmade purses and other crafty things, I have had this  huge desire to start a fabric shop.  Ben & I have tossed  around the idea for the past year and a half, prayed about it, let it sit and marinade, and have waited.  When we moved to San Angelo, we both decided it would be a good time to turn these dreams into a reality.  I have been working on the logistics ever since we moved, to get things in order for starting this venture & I AM SOOOO EXCITED because the day is finally here & my shop is up an RUNNING!!!

Introducing....




My Sunshine Fabric, or My Little Sunshine, however you wish to call it---was birthed out of my love for creating.  A love, which can be largely credited to my grandmothers, Sunshine & Mary Ruth.  They both spent countless and fondly remembered hours with me, teaching me to to sew and to paint.  I grew up wanting to become an artist, largely due to their influence & time spent with me creating things.  My grandmother, Sunshine, opened up her own home decor shop in her younger years, to share her creative juices with others & now I am doing the same.  In a way, it's my little piece of her, my Sunshine, who is now with Jesus.

Check out the shop here:


We are starting out small, but are excited for the opportunity!  I am basking in the thrill of having bolts of fabric in my home!  Enjoy & feel free to share with others!

7 comments:

Caleb P. Hobart said...

You know, I may be moving into a new place...they may be in need of some drapes or something. Do you think I could pull off one of these fabrics? Let me know your recommendation and I will buy all your inventory...really though!

Kim said...

hey lady! congrats on the new venture! it's hopefully in the near future for me too! hopefully... :)

love all the new AMH fabrics. looooooove!

Whitney said...

how exciting for you! can't wait to see it all unfold :)

Kira said...

wahooo! sounds like a lot of fun!! can't wait to hear more about it!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I love you and I love fabric! I will keep you in mind for all of my fabric needs,

Holly said...

The graphic looks great. Me likey.


And I just had to LOL at Caleb's comment. I think he should go for some Innocent Crush drapes... just sayin'...

Holly said...

Oh wait, they are all Innocent Crush. So I think he should go for some "First Impression" so that he can leave a great "First Impression." Mm hmm. We just decorated his home for him. You can thank us later Caleb.