Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Baking Day!



Today is baking day! I got the idea from Rachel Watters and a blog post she made a week or so ago. I have been experimenting on and off with making my own bread, tortillas, etc... and usually make some kind of cookies for our boys at youth on Wednesday nights, and after reading Rachel's blog I decided the best way to get it all done would be in one swoop.


Hence, baking day. I usually have a hard time getting baking like this done because you have to take such a huge chunk of your day out to mix the dough, let it rise, punch it down, let it rise again & then bake it. That can easily take 3 hrs if not more!

So I have been planning all week to stay home most of the day today to bake & study Microbiology. A good combination, I think. Who knows, maybe my chapters will cover how yeast makes bread rise!

So whats on the menu, you ask?

Bagels...I am excited to try this out!

French Bread...more bruschetta on the way!

Flour Tortillas...a lot easier/faster than you'd think...no rising here!

Cookies or Brownies...TBA



I'll let you know how it turns out...especially the bagels! I am kind of intimidated by them!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay for baking day! I hope you are as blessed by them as I am. It's wonderful to see God's provision in our lives and how He enables us to be good stewards of our homes. I'm not saying you have to bake to be a good steward, but that you move on what the Lord is leading you to do, and do it joyfully!

I can't wait to hear how everything turns out!