Saturday, April 25, 2009

My First Purse



Ta Da! This is the new purse I made. Sadly, my favorite purse died the other week. One of its handles just completely snapped off. It was a sad day- for both Ben and I. Ben is a big advocate of the purse, at least for me. I am not really that much of a purse girl on my own, and that results in my having full hands all the time. Without a purse I am carrying the wallet, keys, phone and maybe one other thing on all my outings-- leaving no room for Ben to hold my hand or for me to really be able to do much with my hands at all.

So Ben is constantly trying to get me to wear a purse. But now that my purse died, I was back to my old ways of carrying everything in my hands. This just wouldn't do. So I found a little purse pattern that I liked and thought I would try my hand at making one using some scrap fabric I had lying around (my purse matches the curtains :) )

I think I am going to like it pretty well...and I know Ben will!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love the purse! It is so you!

Kyndall said...

love it Ash!! :)