Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama and Bama


Nov. 4th- What a HUGE day!



On the same day Barak Obama was declared the new President of the US, B and I set off for Montgomery, Alabama!



On Tuesday evening we were notified that we would need to leave the next day for Alabama.

The military may try to pull some quick ones on us, but praise the Lord- He is good and sovereign!
B and I left for Alabama, not knowing if they would let me stay- just packing our bags and going out on faith. Amazingly, they were able to put us up in one of their married housing rooms! It is kind of like an extended stay hotel room with a little kitchenette and everything. Its not what we like to consider "home", but we are blessed and SO thankful that we get to spend these six weeks together!

If anyone knows anything about Montogomery, let us know!

6 comments:

Laura said...

rebekah and kelley are going to be pumped about your blog name!!! i laughed out loud! ALABAMA?! Man...we need to talk more often. How weird that you go to another state and I don't know!!!

loooove youuuu!

Kelley said...

HOUSE OF CARTERS!!!!

you're right i'm pumped!!!!

The Carters said...

I know...I titled it just for you guys :)

Rebekah said...

i love the house of carterssss

Kelly Owen said...

Yay!! I'm so excited that you got a blog. Now I'll know how we can be praying for you guys. We love you and miss you bunches!

Tobin and Erin said...

Cute, Ashley! How are you two doing up there? Have you found cool places to visit in Montgomery yet? T and I will be spending not this upcoming weekend but the next in Montgomery, so if you find some neat places let us know!

Are you over the shock yet? How was the first week? I was SO GLAD to be able to have Tobin home on the weekends, it means so much!

Will you be coming to the air show? Maybe we'll see you there! Thursday (at the student spouse info session) I met a sweet girl whose husband is just slightly ahead of our husbands in training. Her name was Jen Bell...did you meet her at the brunch on Saturday?

Hope you're doing well, catch ya later!