Thursday, March 21, 2013

Signs of Spring?

I gotta take what I can get right now.  Yesterday was the first day of Spring, but the midwest did not get that memo.  Meanwhile, in Texas they have already skipped ahead to summer.  So I suppose I'd rather work on my patience & wait for the spring to come.  One thing I love about this area of the country is that there is an entire season devoted to Springtime weather & highs of 70.  It just hasn't quite arrived yet.  Winter is digging it's heels into the ground & just doesn't want to leave!

 
We are doing our best around the Carter house to make believe that Spring is here & celebrate new life.  Winter's death is slowly giving way to new life.  Isn't it lovely that Easter is in the Spring?  Life from Death is what we celebrate this time of year.
 
 

table centerpiece


seeds sprouting.  hopes of a garden to come :)

 
 


the framework for my spring wreath...it needs something else, I'm just not sure what...thoughts?

 
Someone was really wanting to splash around in the water yesterday, he kept going for Bob's water bowl.  It was too cold to go outside, so we brought the fun inside.  Given the state of his apparel, I think he had a good time :)
 
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The northwest hasn't gotten the spring memo yet either - we had snow and sleet last night with more to come today.

I think I'll borrow your water bowl idea. My little one has been on a rampage lately with energy to spare.

Carl Crew said...

This weather is craziness! We are anxiously awaiting the spring weather too!