Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DIY Wednesday {Portable Changing Pad}

As I get ready for baby boy Carter to arrive, I constantly have a running list in my head of things I want to make.  A changing pad to carry in my diaper bag (also an item on that list to be done) was one of the items I wanted to make.  I knew I could find much cuter fabric to use than most of what you'll find in stores, plus I really wanted to test out iron-on vinyl :)


Take a look at how it turned out...  



I used herringbone & argyle printed fabrics, with both sides covered in vinyl, making each side easy to wipe down & waterproof.  I also added a magnetic snap so I could fold the changing pad up in one of two ways & snap it shut! 



LOVE the combo of these two prints together




And option number 2 for folding the pad down & closing it shut!



I had a lot of fun with this, LOVED using vinyl & really loved that the changing pad is boyish but not cartoony.  It will suit little man's tastes as well as mine, I do believe.

What have you been working on lately?

1 comment:

Candace Dawn Evans said...

super cute Ashley! I just used that argyle print on a Kindle cover for Justin! Good taste ;)