Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DIY Wednesday {Bare Branch Tree Decor}


I've always loved bare branch trees in home decor.  I was contemplating getting one to hang Christmas ornaments on, when I thought "shoot, I can make that!"  

And so I did.  Thankfully, fall actually exists in our neck of the woods, so leaves and branches are falling every which way in my back yard.  I selected a few branchy branches that caught my eye, spray painted them off-white (with a touch of glitter over the white), and just had to find a vase or object to put them in.

So far, I've settled on this silver vase...we'll see if I end up changing it :)  My branches just happened to lay out really nicely without the need for any stabilizer in the vase to hold them up. However, in the past I've used things like glass marbles, pepples or foam to stabilize things like this, so any of those should work, depending on the look you are going for.

I like my little branches, ornament-less & all...they might just end up being a year-round piece in our home :)

No comments: