Monday, May 9, 2011

Finding beauty in the unexpected....


 This is the sweet little spot that Ben & I recently found to shoot product pictures at.   {See exhibit A} Truth be told, it's actually a really ugly, sketchy looking alley.  Lovely right?  Not at first glance.  But when you look a little harder there is beauty in this questionable & dirty little alley.  Even a little bit of life.  It took me several times of looking over this photo to even notice the little weed plant growing up out of the concrete.


And now I find this place to be somewhat beautiful and charming in its own little way.  

It kind of reminds me of the Lord.  He takes something broken, used, dirty & unworthy & makes it beautiful.  He brings beauty to the overlooked & unwanted & life where there is none.

Thank you Jesus.

Sweet Shot Day



5 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, I'm so glad you pointed out the little plant or I wouldn't have noticed it. Now I love it! Great shot. Thank you.

(Visiting from SST...)

Ocean Soul said...

There is beauty all around us, we just need to take the time to look and see with God's love. Good for you for finding it!

Julian said...

Awesome background! I love the symbolism you see in this. Isn't it so awesome that God knows even the desires of our hearts, something like a background for a picture, and He shows us the perfect spot? And THEN shows you amazing things about it? :)

So cool! And it really does make a great background for your pictures! I love it! :)

-Julian

Unknown said...

Very cool, I love this background in your product photography!

Blair McLeod said...

loving your blog!

blogged about YOU today! you've now been wiggled. :)

Wild & Precious - You've been Wiggled!!