Thursday, December 2, 2010

it's like Christmas in your mouth


I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite Christmas treats...it makes a great gift, you can get really creative with the packaging & the best part is that it tastes like Christmas in your mouth.  Seriously.

Hot Spiced Tea is one of my favorite Christmas treats.  Partially because it's a "nostalgic" thing for me & I grew up sipping on this deliciousness during the Christmas season, but also because it's just that good.

Unfortunately it is really sugar packed & from a nutrition standpoint I can't really say that it's the best, but for a once a year indulgence---it's pretty great ;)



You can see makes a great Christmas goodie to give to friends and family!  I packaged some of my mix up for friends with simple twine, shiny paper & ball mason jars--so cute!



And now for the recipe:

Hot Spiced Tea

1 cup instant tea (reg. or decaf)
8 oz. jar Tang
 (yes, Tang---can't believe there is actually a recipe I enjoy with Tang, but it's true)
5 oz. pkg lemonade
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sugar

Mix together.  Makes a little over 1 dry pint.  To serve, mix 2 tsp into 1 cup boiling water.

And there you have it.  Christmas in a cup.  Enjoy! 


2 comments:

Holly said...

I want it.

DeeAnna said...

This is my favorite!! My mom would make this for the holidays and now I make it too!! It looks so cute packaged up!!