Thursday, September 3, 2009

record breaking

Pensacola has surprisingly brought a lot of really fun people our way over the past year. We have been shocked at how many visitors we have had here and have also had some surprise encounters w/ people from college that we didn't even know lived here!



I don't know if its the beach that brings them all in, or our cute faces. Surely its not for all the metropolitan attractions because lets just face it, P'cola is not so metro. I think its probably for the beaches, especially for those visiting from Texas and have never experienced white sands, crystal blue water or seaweed free swimming.



So August actually marks the first month in about 7 months that we haven't had visitors! Crazy, I know! and you'd think that we'd be ready for the break, but actually Ben was telling me the other day that he wanted someone to come visit us, and I had to agree--we kind of liked the once a month visitor set up :)



But I do get to have somewhat of a visitor "fix" today because one of my SA friends, Becca Smith, now lives in Mobile, Al, just 40 minutes up the road and we are going to meet up for lunch! Its so fun when God transplants you nearby to a friend you'd never have imagined you'd see outside of TX!

That happened to me a lot in Colorado Springs too, when I was bored out of my mind during the week, not knowing what to do all by my lonesome in this strange new place while Ben was spending the weeks 45 min away learning to fly planes. I ended up reuniting w/ a friend from A&M who had just moved up there, met a long lost twice or thrice removed cousin and her husband, and was connected w/ at least one other friend of a friend--God always provides! He did that for me in a circumstance where it really wasn't necessary, but He knew my heart and knew how lonely I was and blessed me beyond belief with those little happenings. Nothing is too small or inconsequential for Him!

Anyway, just wanted to share what was on my mind this morning! and for all you reading this, know that there is always an open invitation for you at our house!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I have no doubt it is your cute faces that is the attraction!

I have itched to come visit... we'll see :)

I love how you said that nothing is inconsequential for God! So true! What matters to us matters to Him. :)

Holly

ClareMarie said...

I think you proved your post just by writing it! God used it to encourage me just where I am. I'm in SA trying to figure out what's next for me. Definitely not the easiest place to be for some one who likes things planned in advance... but God meets us even in the small things! Thanks!

Clare