Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Powerpacked Pumpkin Smoothie {Dairy Free}

 
I know, I know, another pumpkin post.
They are all over the place this time of year.
 
I just finished pureeing about 12 cups of pumpkin so I am trying to come up with some creative ways to enjoy pumpkin this season!
 
I've seen several recipes for pumpkin smoothies on pinterest & such & decided to give it a go & came up with a scrumptious one that is also dairy free (which is hard to find!) to keep babycakes happy :).  You can easily substitute dairy back in for my dairy free items & I'm sure it would be just as tasty.
 
Not only was this delish, but it got extra points in my book for having some extra health benefits too! 
 
Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe:
 
1 cup pumpkin puree (frozen prefered)
1 frozen banana
1 Tbsp soy protein powder
1 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp soy vanilla yogurt (mine was the trader joe's brand)
1/4 cup almond milk (or other dairy free milk)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
 
Blend all ingredients in a blender, adding a handful of ice cubes as needed (may need more if your puree was not frozen).  Pour yourself a glass & enjoy!
 
 

1 comment:

Candice Elaine said...

I do wish you could make this for me bc I just will me we make it for myself. Miss you and little man.